Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Rewind

This weekend was an absolute mess of a weekend. NOTHING went as planned except for our family pics that we took on Saturday. We were originally invited to Genghis Grill for a dinner date w/our Friends Kambrie & Travis (Dear Memphis blog), but we couldn't find a sitter so then we decided to have "boy" & "girl" night. Lindsey was going to hang w/Elvis and Kennedy and I were going to go get our nails done and then go over to my friend Leanne's (Soup Du Jour blog) house for her Willowhouse Party. Yeah, that didn't happen either. So after I got off at 4 on Friday I did my Shred and then I went and tanned and after I was done tanning I had a text from Lindsey saying that E was walking around the house saying, "Sissy, Sissy, Sissy..." So I felt kind of bad b/c the Friday's we get Kennedy back are always our "Family Friday's." So instead of going straight from tanning to pick her up and over to get our nails done and then to Leanne's...I went back to the house & picked up Lindsey & E and went all went and picked up Sissy! :) The boys had originally planned to go out to Rowlett to BeBe's & Pop's to pick up Lindsey's bike and stuff b/c he was going to go ride early Saturday so we still went ahead and did that and stopped in Richardson at Chili Gordo's and had some Mexican food on the way. So that pretty much sums up Friday...lots of driving.
Saturday Lindsey got up early and headed out to Village Creek MX to ride and the kiddos and I stayed home to get everything ready for our pics that evening. And let me tell you...running errands all day w/a 2 & 4yr old is not easy. We pretty much left right after Lindsey did...we got up, got dressed, and headed out to find outfits for everyone and then we went and had lunch at McDonald's and the kids played for a little while and then we went and got everyone's hair cut. After the hair cut it was nap time and while they napped I got dressed and painted my nails (since I didn't get my mani & pedi on Friday...boooooo) and stuff and by that time Lindsey was home & unloaded & getting ready himself. We met his cousin Chris & his wife Gina and their two kids at Central Park in Frisco around 6 or so. Gina was doing our pics for us....she's an up & coming photographer so she was practicing on us! :) Earlier in the day it was super hot so I had us all dressed in dresses and tanks and by the time we got out there and got started it was super windy and everyone was freezing! But I still think the pics will turn out good! Afterward we took them out to eat as a thank you b/c Gina wouldn't let us pay her! We went to this little hole in the wall place called Joe's Pizza & Pasta or something like that over here in Frisco at the Tollway & Warren. It was a good dinner considering we were trying to wrangle 2 4yr olds, a 2 yr old, & a 6yr old all while trying to eat & converse at the same time! After din we drove back out to Rowlett to drop the kids off b/c we were going to a party in Royse City for my cousin Stephen's 21st bday & my friend KC's 24th bday. Seriously, I feel like all I did was drive all weekend, ugh. We actually had plans to meet up w/more friends after that party, but we were so beat from everything we had done all weekend so far that we just went back to Lindsey's parents and stayed the night there. We slept in and his Mom made a HUGE deeelicious breakfast and then we packed up and headed home and pretty much cleaned for the rest of the day. We were actually supposed to go back over there for din and grill out but the weather was awful so we ended up staying home and ordering some Wingstop and watching a movie.
Yeah, so this weekend I ate like total crap, but I didn't have a choice...it was like go, go, go all weekend long! And I'm really disappointed b/c I was only able to do my Shred on Friday. :( I haven't missed a single day yet up until this weekend. Totally going to have to make up for it this week. And sorry, I don't have any pics from this weekend either. I may be able to get a sneak pics of our family pics from Gina soon and I'm waiting on some pics from the party, so as soon as I get those I'll post them.
Hope everyone had a good weekend and hopefully it wasn't as busy as mine and maybe a bit more relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment