Monday, October 3, 2011

Virginia Evelyn Godwin: 1925 - 2011


My dear sweet Great Grandmother passed away the weekend before last and I was absolutely beside myself b/c I was in Mexico and missed her funeral. Her funeral was on my 30th bday. :( Her death wasn't sudden, she died of old age. In fact, she lived a very long joyous life. I have so many fond memories of her including visiting her and my Great Grandfather in Colorado every summer. Her introducing me to coffee. Her little yippie dogs that she would keep inside her shirt. Every room in her house had a theme...there was a "blue" room, a "doll" room, etc. In the blue room everything was literally blue; it was my favorite room. In fact when she passed I collected some blue medicine bottles and a blue Asian tea set and some other things from the room. In her doll room she had a doll collection that consisted of dolls that she thought looked like every single female in our family. She did oil paintings that looked similar to those of Bob Ross... lots of landscapes; got some of those too. I also took a really big sea shell that she had on an end table in her sitting room and she would always tell me if I put it up to my ear I could hear the ocean. Oh and we found tons of diaries and Bibles that had millions of notes of her daily prayers about all of our family members; really neat stuff. I'll def say she was a little quirky (Okay, so a lot quirky...we noticed she painted mascara on herself in a portrait of her and my Great Grandfather and we found a lot money hidden in their dog food), but so sweet and loved everything and everyone. She was a devout Christian and I know she's in a better place now.

No comments:

Post a Comment