Monday, October 3, 2011

Rivera Maya, Mexico!

Okay, so finally got some time to edit and post our vacay pics. We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico...about 30-45 miles S of Cancun on the Yucatan Peninsula and oh my goodness it is beautiful there. I've never been out of the US and I've flown once in my life so needless to say I was a nervous wreck leaving; it was well worth it though and I would definitely go back. In fact, we wanna plan for another trip to a resort just down the road from that one...the Eldorado Casitas Resort. During our first trip we kind of tested the waters and now that we know what's out there we're definitely going back to experience it all! The trip was absolutely amazing. It was romantic. It was relaxing. The food was delicious. The beach was breathtaking. The entertainment was so much fun. The staff and people were so friendly. It was everything that we needed.

Okay, so I'll start out with the main part of the resort. Everything was so open and airy and I really just felt like I was in Mexico, not some fancy resort. Well, I was in Mexico, but you know what I mean - the resort definitely represented their culture and I loved that:
The next pics are of our room, our back patio, & the lazy river/private pool behind our building:Next set of pics are by the main pool where I was introduced to a blast in a glass called a "Miami Vice." 5 of those and I was dancing in my bikini and peeing on myself on the way back to our room. There's some pics of some of the restaurants we ate at. There's also some random pics of the outside showers, pretty flowers, & some friends we made:And saving the best for last...all the pictures from the beach:

3 comments:

  1. Awesome ! Next time we want to come with!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous!!! Wow! Looks like y'all had a great time! I'm so glad y'all got to do that!!!!

    ReplyDelete