Monday, October 24, 2011

Telfair

I'm a little apprehensive to write about this, but we're house building AGAIN. I say again b/c we almost built a house about 2 years ago it fell through...long story (I blogged about it if you feel like looking for it). And to top it off...this is such a touchy subject for me b/c I've NEVER had a place to call home. I've lived in aparments pretty much my entire life. I mean, there were a few times where I lived w/my Grandparents in their home and w/my Aunt & Uncle in their home and my Dad & my Step-mom had a house for a little while when I was in HS, but nothing permanent. It's funny b/c all my friends that I grew up with always had big dreams of going off to college and being someone successful and all I ever wanted was to be a wife and a Mom w/a boy and a girl and living in our little house w/our cat and dog. I waned this perfect little life; I guess b/c I didn't have that growing up. I came from a broken home and I've moved all over freaking DFW; my life's been pretty much a mess since day 1. So now that I'm 30 and I'm married to the love of my life, my soul-mate and we have a boy and a girl...all we need is the house! And I think we might have one! We signed the dotted line on Sunday and handed our earnest money over. It's in Savannah...10 minutes from Frisco & about 20 min from Denton. It's close to 380 & the Tollway. Our house is called the "Telfair" from Historymaker's New Haven Collection. It's 2057sq ft., 3-4 bedrooms (depending on if you want the extra dining or office to be a bedroom), 2 1/2 baths, etc. Historymaker's homes come standard w/ceramic tile in the kitchen, dining, & bathrooms. Granite in the kitchen. Crown molding in all the rooms except for the kids bedrooms. Full sod & sprinkler. And a bunch of energy efficient stuff that I know nothing about... well I know it's going to save me some money and that's all I care about! It's gonna be so pretty and perfect! Anyway, of course it's just an empty lot right now so I don't have any pictures to post but here's a drawing:Don' t get me wrong...I absolutely love our house, but I was a little disappointed b/c Savannah is primarily Cape Cod style houses and now they're finishing the subdivision out w/brick homes and I wanted a cute little Cape Cod house. Here's a pic of some of the other homes in the subdivision:Anyway, our new address is 1004 King George. So come by and visit us. Just kidding, won't be done until April! :)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that neighborhood SO much!! We drive past it going out to Mike's aunt and uncle's house in Aubrey and I always say I want to live out there, SUCH an adorable community!! Good luck and keep us posted with pics and updates : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it all works out this time. I just wish you weren't so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! How exciting!
    I "know" a few bloggers that live in that neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That neighborhood is adorable!! I fell in love with it the first time I visited. Congrats on the new place, can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete