Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Darndest things kids say and do...

I'm sure all of you have your fair share of stories about you're little ones innocently saying and doing inappropriate things because I know I do! Here's a few recent ones:

E and I were at the pool one day this week and there was another family there swimming and all the kids kept getting out of the pool and running around and jumping in and having a good time. And this one time E goes over to the where the other family is and I think the Mom was handing one of the kids something. She was standing on the edge of the pool bent down and E goes over there right next to her...I thought he was going to jump in...instead he starts to pee and it's running down his legs and onto the ground right next to her feet and then he proceeds to follow the action up by yelling, "Mommy...tee tee. Mommy...tee tee."

One day Lindsey and the kids were going to the grocery store and Lindsey was getting them out of the car and they were walking up to the grocery store and this elderly lady walked by and made a comment to Lindsey about how cute the kids were and Lindsey politely thanked her and they all went about their ways and Kennedy turned around and looked at the old lady and proceeded to say in a very loud voice, "Why did that old lady sound like a man!" The lady was obviously very hoarse from years of smoking and I'm pretty sure she heard her.

So Kennedy and I are sitting up on our balcony hanging out and this lady who is bald, who is obviously going through chemo, or is recovering walks out from the breezeway in our building and Kennedy yells out, "Oh my gosh Mommy look at that bald lady! Why doesn't she have hair?"

I pretty much take the kids swimming everyday and just last night I kept telling E that we weren't going swimming until he ate his dinner. And this went on for about an hour or so and I'm sitting in my rocking chair in the living room reading a magazine just having a quiet moment and E comes up to me and says, "All gone." I look over and there's still half a grilled cheese left on his plate so I tell him that he has to finish his other half if he wants to go swimming. I tell him he has to eat everything. So he goes over to his plate picks up the other half of his sandwich and goes and puts it under the couch right in front of me and says, "All gone." I was like, no sir that's not gonna fly and I looked under there and the other half was under there too. He never even ate the other half. Clever little bug. Keep in mind he's only 2!

I can't believe I'm going to tell you guys this one...it's so gross and kind of embarrassing. Anyway, one day Kennedy is brushing my hair and she stops and she's starts touching my neck. Note: I have a mole on my neck. It's not like some big gross hairy mole or anything. I have a lot of freckles and moles. I realize she's touching my mole and I ask her what she's doing and she's asks me what it is and I tell her it's a beauty mark just like the ones she has because she has some too, but her's are flesh w/her skin and this one isn't and I guess she's never noticed it before. She follows that up with, "Mommy, are you sure that's not a meatball b/c it looks like a little meatball."

And of course there's always the tooting in public and the nose picking and the groping and touching of my boobs while they're sitting in the cart at stores and saying "Boobies" out loud when they do it.

Oh but my favorite is when I take Kennedy to a public restroom and we're both in there and she's talking to me through the stalls saying things like, "Do you have to poop too Mommy?" or "My poop is too big, it won't come out." Keep in mind there's other people in there with us.

Got any good stories???? Share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment