Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Rewind

The weekend didn't start off so great b/c I got off work to this mess and Friday morning the house was spotless:
There was toilet paper everywhere! Drinks spilled everywhere! The freezer was left open and all the ice was melted! Every toy was out of it's place! I had gotten stuck on a call after I was supposed to get off and Lindsey had to go to work or he was going to be late. They were left unattended for maybe 15-30min tops and I when I say unattended...I'm just in my office; I work from home so I was there and I kept seeing them run by and I could hear them but I didn't think the house would look like that when I walked out. Geeze! It was like two little tornadoes just came thru and ripped our house apart. Needless to say I was pretty mad at them and sat them down and talked to them and I'm sure it went in one ear and right out the other. I made Lindsey take off work early and help clean I was so mad. So that was our Friday...a night of cleaning. Fun huh!

I tried In and Out Burger this weekend for the first time and I was actually impressed, but not at first. I forgot what was on the secret menu so I just ordered a Cheeseburger, fries, & shake how it comes on the menu. I think we waited in line for about 15min; not bad. But when we ordered they asked us how we wanted our food...dine in, to go, in the car, etc. Which kind of confused me b/c we were in our car at the drive thru so doesn't that mean to go??? With out thinking I said "in the car" and when they handed us our food it was all open in a box. I was like, duh... "In the car." Idiot. The food was really tasty, not the best burger or fries I've ever had, but really good. The fries surprised me b/c they were kind of spongy; I forgot everything came fresh and hadn't been frozen. And with that being said it obviously didn't contain any preservatives or additives or anything and I will say that was the first burger and fries I've ever eaten and I didn't feel like crap afterward. I felt like I had just eaten a salad or something. I was super full and I didn't feel super gross.We also took E to see Cars 2 this weekend. It was his first time at the movies and I was kind of scared to take him b/c he such a wiggle worm and doesn't sit still and I didn't want to waste our money since the movies are so expensive these days, but Cars is his favorite movie so we thought we'd give it a try. He wasn't afraid or overwhelmed by the size of the theater, but I think having a lot of other kids in there helped. We got all kind of snacks too to try and keep him occupied. He was kind of restless through the previews, but once the movie started he was pretty interested and sat and watched for a while, but about half way thru he started getting really anxious and climbing around everywhere and going up and down the stairs and bothering the people in front of us. He kept crawling around on the floor, which was sooo gross...Lindsey and I were freaking out. But then he would all of a sudden calm down and watch for a few more minutes and that happened pretty much thru out the rest of the movie, but he made it thru the whole thing. I was proud of my little movie goer. He even wore his Cars shirt and shoes and we put his diapers and wipes in his Cars backpack...it was too cute.I dragged everyone to the La Hacienda Ranch this weekend too. I'm obsessed w/this place. It's so good! Gotta try it! Their hot sauce is the bomb. Very kid friendly...bring some quarters tho so the kiddos can ride the horses. Good and fast service. If it's just you and the significant other go at night and sit on the patio...awesome atmosphere...but only drinks and appetizers are served out there. It's really nice in the Fall and Spring b/c they have a huge fire place out there to pull a chair up to.We watched "Hall Pass" this weekend too w/Owen Wilson. Too funny and cute. Definitely some awkward moments w/penis' tho.... :) And honey...don't get any ideas...you're NEVER getting a hall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment