Friday, June 24, 2011

Teasing Children

So does anyone else tease their children beyond belief to where there cry or am I just a mean Mommy??? Because I do it all the time and it's freaking hilarious. Fake bugs or even real bugs are always great. Or even just the, "Omg what it is that?? What's on you???" Of course, there's nothing even there. Both of them are deathly afraid of bugs so that's my fav. Last night I got K really good. They were in the bath and before we got in the bath we were watching music videos (we always like to have dance contests every night) and Katy Perry's "E.T." w/Kanye came on and they thought it was cool b/c it was in outer space and had aliens and stuff. I let them take a bath in my bath and Kennedy was playing w/all the shampoo bottles and asked what Lindsey's "Head & Shoulders" was b/c it looked a little different than all the rest and I told her that it was alien goo and if you get it on you that you would turn into a green alien and I then proceeded to try and pour some on her and Head & Shoulders is like a super dark green/blue and really gooey and oh my goodness she started freaking out! She was screaming and crying and saying that she didn't want to turn into a scary alien like on the video. Guess she didn't think the video was so cool afterall. Oops. And then later that night I changed my name. I'm soooooo tired of hearing Mommy every two seconds so I told them I was changing my name to "Mama say, mama sa, ma ma coosa" it's part of a MJ song and Rihanna used it in her "Please don't stop the music song..." or whatever it's called. I heard it on the radio earlier that day and I wanted something that they weren't going to be able to say and of course they got really upset and started crying and saying they couldn't say that and I kept going around the house singing it and wouldn't respond to anything else they called me. They were soooo mad and frustrated. I don't know, I get a kick out of it. My Mom always gets on to me and tells me not to be so mean, but I just want them to have a good sense of humor. So what do you guys think? Am I being too mean? :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree they need to be able to take a joke and have a sense of humor, and a bit of teasing is good for character. Only thing I would worry about is the "trick" part of it. They are supposed to trust mommy and daddy 100%. If you tease too much, or to intensely, they may not be as trusting of you or others as they should be. Serious cognitive development is going on at this young age.... I hope this wasn't a rhetorical question! LOL. Love ya babes.

    When London was 2 1/2 Dieter put on a scary Halloween mask, hid in London's closet, and jumped out at him. He only kept it on a few seconds, but London bawled, and Dieter thought it was hilarious. London remembers it to this day and says he will never forgive Dieter for it. He is also terrified of scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't scare them or anything... just funny ha ha jokes. That's awful..poor thing. :(

    ReplyDelete