Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day Weekend Recap

Lindsey works on Friday's again so we never do anything exciting on Friday's anymore. So this Friday was pretty boring. Just ran a bunch of errands...went shopping for Father's Day gifts. I got my Dad the movie True Grit w/Jeff Bridges & Matt Damon. Love that freaking movie. It's such a good movie. Lindsey and I saw it in the theaters. Jeff Bridges is awesome! I was going to get Lindsey a griddle. Yes, a griddle. He's the chef in the fam...not me that's forsure. His Mom has one and she always uses it to cook us a big breakfast if we stay the night and he's always said he wanted one and last year during Black Friday they were onsale at Wal-Mart and he wanted me to get one, but they sold out before I could get one. And they were onsale again this past weekend, but he told me not to get him anything so I put it back. Fine...use a million pans to cook breakfast with...I don't care. Actually I do care b/c I'll be the one cleaning them. He cooks and I clean. Anyway, after much shopping I took the kiddos swimming and that pretty much sums up Friday.

Saturday we got up and immediately got dressed and headed out to run MORE errands. Had to pick up scripts, get the kids hair cuts, pick up a dessert for that evening... we were going over my Dad's to visit and eat some BBQ and we were in charge of a dessert. Here's some pics of their new do's! E got a mohawk and K got a cute little bob.
We ended up arriving at my Dad's super late due to a wreck we got stuck in and really when you have little ones you're not anywhere on time. Just how it goes. We stayed over there until about 8:30 or so and headed home...long drive...my Dad lives in Quinlan and we're in Frisco and there's NO quick way! So that pretty much sums up Saturday.

Sunday was Father's Day so we let Lindsey decide whatever he wanted to do and so we ended up taking the Dart rail down to Mockingbird Station and ate at the Margarita Ranch and then got some ice cream from Coldstone. It was E's first time on the train and he's obsessed w/trains right now, so he was super excited and had a blast on the train.

After that we went over to Lindsey's parents house and ate dinner and hung out over there. His Sister made some yummy fajitas. When we arrived over there the kids were of course greeted to a new electric Thomas the Train set and a new Barbie pony. It's always Christmas at Bebe & Pops. And we also got to meet Miss Billie...Shelby's new puppy that she got at the Wal-Mart parking lot from some dude giving away puppies when she went to go pick up groceries for din that night, lol! :) So all in all it was a pretty good weekend. Lot's of eating. I think I gained all the weight I lost from working out the past couple of weeks back! Gotta start all over again. Bummer.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff is the chef in our house too! London got him a marble rolling pin for Father's Day! Speaking of, we need to have you guys over for dinner soon. Let me know when you are free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! Will do for sure! We're supposed to be free and that is kiddo free all this weekend, I hope! I so need a break!

    ReplyDelete