Friday, April 22, 2011

M.I.A.

Sorry I've been M.I.A. for the past couple days, but I'm back and ready to blog. Unfortunately, Lindsey's Grandpa (Mr. Marshall Reed) passed away on Monday and it was so weird b/c about 8 or 9 PM I was on the phone w/his Mom and we were talking about everything that had been going on...she's been going back and forth to Tyler for a while now visiting w/him in and out of his hospital visitis...and she was just saying that she hopes that he goes to sleep and peacefully passes away. Well we hung up and not an hour later she called back and said just that. I don't care what age you are or what kind of relationship you had w/your parent it's always hard seeing the person that created you, that brought you into this world pass. Fortunately, Beth and all of her sisters had a wonderful and close relationship w/their Father. Needless to say everyone was really upset, but they've had a lot of support through all of this from their family and friends. I was glad that I got to meet him and spend time w/him and that he got to meet Elvis & Kennedy before he passed even if it was just a few times. He was a really neat character. A simpleton. A real cool cat; don't think I ever saw him w/out his sunglasses on (he was even buried w/them)! Close family member and friends went to the viewing on Wednesday, which was in Lindale. He and his wife Nadine lived in Hideaway Bay which is near Tyler and oh my goodness it's absolutely beautiful there! And Thursday was the funeral. He was a World War II Veteran and so the service was held at the National Cemetery. It was the most prestigious and beautiful service I had ever been to; the tradition was amazing!

May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment