Sunday, December 12, 2010

Spoke too soon...

I spoke to my Dad yesterday afternoon and he wanted to wait until next week to tell me (after more testing), but my Grandmother's cancer isn't gone after all. In fact, the doctors came back and said the cancer she has is not like any other cancer they've ever seen before. Instead of the cancer being a mass or a tumor it's like tiny spiderwebs all over the place. They want to remove both breasts and instead of radiation they want to do full on chemo and they also want to take more from all her lymph nodes. I don't know...one minute they say she has cancer and they remove it and say everything's going to be fine and then the next minute they come back with this...I want to urge for a second opinion. This is just crazy talk to me. Plus, after her first surgey her oxygen levels were all out of wack and they wouldn't let her leave the hospital because they couldn't figure out what was going on. Well, they still can't figure out what's going on so they sent her home w/an oxygen tank...."Hey, you have cancer so we're going to remove it. Okay, so we removed it - you might have to do some radiation just in case. But you're fine. We're not going to let you go home though because your oxygen levels aren't normal. We ran a bunch of tests and we can't find anything so here's an oxygen tank...you're free to go home. Oh wait, you actually do have cancer and it's worse than we thought and even though we can't figure out what's going on with your oxygen levels we want to do ANOTHER surgery and COMPLETLEY remove your breasts...your womanhood" F!@#ing shitty ass doctors. Ugh, this pisses me off. I wanted to go visit her Saturday after my Dad told me all this so I could tell her how I feel, but my Dad urged me not to because she's been bombarded by guests and said she was tired and just wanted to be alone. I can't even imagine what she's going thru. I know she probably has a million thoughts going through her head and she's probably overwhelmed with emoition and the situation, but I really do think she needs a second opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment