Thursday, December 2, 2010

Update on my Grandma

So yesterday was day of my Grandmother's surgery to remove her cancer and it went really well. The doctor said the cancer was probably the size of a marble so there would be no need for a mastectomy. She was in recovery as of last night...a little sick from the anesthesia, but that's about it. The doctors want her to start radiation asap just in case, but so far so good! We all knew everything would be okay! She's a trooper! Only thing is, they're keeping her in the hospital and won't release her because her breathing is irregular. The found a blockage in her lung. I don't think they think it's anything serious. They're doing all kinds of tests today; so hopefully we'll find the results out soon!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, I hope her breathing returns to normal soon and the tests all come back with positive results! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything turns out well. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went back and read your other posts. I'm sorry you're going through this. I know how hard it can be when someone you love is sick and how special a bond between a grandmother and granddaughter can be. I'm sure you remember when my mom had cancer. It was stage 4 lymphoma and breast cancer at the same time. She's now in remission for 6 years. Have faith and hope, and I will keep you and your grandmother in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete