Thursday, February 23, 2012

Recipe

Boy am I sore today... I ended up Shredding last night and I was so proud of myself because I was able to get through the whole thing with out pausing! Go me! Anyway, made a good recipe last night that I wanted to share. It's Honey-Lime Red Snapper.


If you can't find Snapper, you can use any firm whitefish for this lovely marinated entree. You can also substitute regular lime juice for the key lime juice (I did).

3/4 cup key lime juice
1/2 honey
4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
2 teaspoons chili powder

In a small bowl, combine lime juice and honey. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to an hour. Place remaining mixture in a small saucepan; set aside.

Drain fish and discard marinade. Sprinkle fillets with chili powder; place on greased broiler pan.

Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork (or you can pan fry or blacken them in a cast iron if you like). Meanwhile, bring reserved lime juice mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half. Spoon over fish fillets.

Yield: 4 servings
Prep: 5 min. + marinating
Broil: 15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment