Monday, January 31, 2011

Case of the Mondays...

I don't know if it's b/c it's that time of the month, or the overdose of serotonin on Saturday and the lack there of today, or the fact that there's been yet another death on my Dad's side of the family but I have have a freaking horrible headache and a terrible case of the Monday's. I mean, I look and feel like a total piece of crap. I work from home, so I look terrible on a daily basis, but today is just awful. I took a super hot steamy hour shower on lunch in the dark to relax...didn't help, still have a headache. Anyway, I talked to my Dad last night and unfortunately it was nothing but bad news. My Great Uncle Roy passed away on Friday. First it was my Great Aunt. Then it was my Uncle's Wife and now my Great Uncle. And even though I wasn't super close to any of the people that have recently passed...their death has affected other people in that family that I am close to and I hurt for them. My Dad also told me that Grandmother is still recovering from her masectomy and as soon as she's all healed up their going to do the reconstructive surgery and after she's healed from that then they'll start the chemo, but they're having some issues w/payment b/c it doesn't look like her insurance is going to cover it and it's $800 a month so her doctor is looking into other options...contacting charities and trying to raise money. So that situation is still weighing heavy on my shoulders. And then my Dad tells me that my Uncle Tommy who's wife passed away recently is having a really hard time dealing with the grief. Not to mention, he's had a pretty hard go around in life and then this happened. He's just not in a good place right now and we're hoping that he's going to seek some professional help soon. We all love him so much...he's so special, especially to my Grandmother...that's her baby; she would be lost with out him. And last, but not least...my Dad; he's suffering financially. His business has really gone down hill over the past few years and it's all he knows. His job is his livelihood - with out it he doesn't have much. I mean, of course he has his family...but all of us live so far from each other. I told him to quit being so proud and let me help him out, but of course he refuses. He's an independent contractor and he can do anything from heating/ac to electrician work to landscaping to fencing to remodeling to plumbing to refrigeration to whatever. I mean, the man can practically build a house for you from scratch. He's a very honest, hard working man. So if anyone has any work that needs to be done please contact me and let me know...anything would be very much appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, I'm sorry to hear that your family is going through so many hard times right now. Keep your head up and know that this too shall pass. I saw that you said your dad is an indepent contractor...we are considering getting hardwoods in our house after we get our income tax return...would he be able to do that for us? Email me and we'll chat about it.
    Prayers for your family!!

    ReplyDelete