Thursday, September 30, 2010

Un Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear Kristen... Elvis has chicken pox. Yup, that was my birthday present from E. I have a mad, itching, frustrated, fussy little man. And poor thing hasn't quite grapsed the concept of itching so he's just kind of throwing his arms around and slapping them and his back will itch and he'll just kind of go around in circles trying to figure out what's going on. Poor thing. :( But I think we got it covered; we're doing oatmeal baths, calamine, etc. He'll be good to go in no time.

I remember I got the chicken pox when I was in 2nd grade and I remember my teacher saying, "You're entirely too young to have acne, that must be chicken pox...you need to go to nurse young lady right away." So I did and it was. I remember taking a bath and getting out and my Mom covering me in calamine and dancing in front of the mirror naked making up a song about the spots all over my body. I thought it was awesome because I felt totally fine and I didn't have to go to school for like a week!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope Elvis gets better soon!
    Haha-gotta love missing school when you feel fine!

    ReplyDelete