Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Run Forrest Run....

So Lindsey and I have decided to take up running. For real this time. We even went to Luke's Locker and let them measure us and watch us walk and run and what not. Turns out I'm a Nuetral Runner.... whatever that means. Anyway, we both bought shoes. These are mine:

I totally love them! They're so comfortable! So much better than what I was wearing before and I was totally wearing the wrong size and never even knew it! We also went to Run On! over in Allen or McKinney or some place over off Eldorado and bought all kinds of running gear. I mean, we look like total dorks but wearing the appropriate gear really does make a difference. Before when I ran I would just wear a cotton t and some tights and I would also be totally sweating my ass off. The running clothes totally breathe and you don't get as hot...so much better!

I've tried to run outside in the past and I totally sucked and I still do suck, but I'm getting better. Man, give me a treadmill and I can run for days. Put me on some concrete and it's like I'm slow as freaking molasses and I might be able to run a mile at the most...like 1 time so far. I'll walk and run and walk run and walk and run. My goal is to able to do a 3K by the 1st of next year. So wish me luck! :)

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I just started going to the gym and I can "walk," on the treadmill fine, but put me outside and I'm completely out of breath etc.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously...I'm totally committed. I threw E is his jogging stroller we walked up to Lindsey's work last night at 8PM in the dark and drizzle to meet him and we ran and it was cold and wet and people probably thought we were bad parents, but I don't care...he was fine; he had long sleeves and tennies on. We had to get our run on! Lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry...meant to say E had on long sleeves, and PANTS, and tennies. I would be a bad parents if I took him out in that weather in just a shirt & shoes, lol.

    ReplyDelete