Monday, August 31, 2009

Like I always say....

It NEVER ends...

So Friday at noon I get a phone call from Lindsey letting me know that Kingsley has 103 temp. Poor thing is so freaked out, he has know idea what to do, so I tell him to calm down and give Kingsley some Tylenol and to have his Aunt Shelby watch him until I can get home. On another note...I had given him some things to do that day. For example...take a movie back that was long overdue on his way to work. Well, he actually managed to remember but he was so flustered and stressed out about the baby that when he got out of the car to return the movie he accidentally locked his keys in the car while it was running! Thank goodness though he has a friend that owns a transmission shop right across the street from where he was at and he was able to unlock it for him for free! Anyway, so I got home about 3:30 and Kinglsey was just miserable. And it's so weird because this totally just came out of nowhere! I tried everything to make him comfortable and to get him to sleep and to eat and to get his fever down, but NOTHING would work. When Lindsey got home at 11:00pm he took over and I got some sleep and about 5AM he came and got me and we switched out so he could get some sleep. I think he finally woke up about 11am and by that time I had FINALLY got Kinglsey to sleep, but he would only sleep with me in this weird position to where he was laying on my arm and it had totally fallen asleep, but I didn't care b/c he prob hadn't slept in like 24hrs. Well the day went on and Lindsey went to work, his parents went and ran their errands, and Shelby went off with her friends and there I was alone w/a sick miserable baby. I had Kennedy stay w/her Dad b/c there was no way I was could handle both by myself. By the end of the night I was so exhausted I had to have a night cap. And there were a few times through out the day where I almost took him to the emergency room b/c his fever kept spiking. I mean...I had him dressed, me dressed, his diaper bag packed, and my keys in my hands. But then I called my doc and she gave me some reassuarance and told me to hold out until Sunday when she would be in the office that way we could bring him in. So of course Saturday was another sleepless night for pretty much everyone this time. Sunday morning rolled around and his fever FINALLY broke after I don't know how many bottles of Tylenol and Motrin. But to be on the safe side we went ahead and decided to take him in and it's a good thing we did! Our doc poked and proded and then she turned to us and said, "I'm pretty sure he has the Swine Flu..." My first reaction was to look at Lindsey to make sure he wasn't fixing to pass out or freak out, but he actually took the news pretty well and I think it was b/c the doc wasn't really concerned about it. She said he was prob already through the worst part and that she'd go ahead and give us some meds anyway. She gave us a Z-pack and some Tamiflu (which, by the way is hard to come by...every pharmacy we went to was out!). And that's it! He's doing better and we're just waiting on results from the swab to see whether it really is Swine Flu or just regular Flu. But he actually slept almost all night last night...he woke up at 4:45. So we got a little bit of sleep last night. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment