Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sleep

I'm the type of person that needs sleep. Not 2 hours of sleep. Not 4 hours of sleep. I need a good 8 hours of sleep. If I don't get a full 8 hours of sleep, I can't function. That's it. And I would say that here lately on average I've been getting 2-4 hours of sleep each night. I usually get both kids to sleep by 9PM and then I lay down myself and I'm probably fast asleep by 10PM. Lindsey comes home and wakes me up and we visit until 12AM sometimes and then I'm back asleep before or by 1AM. Kingsley always wakes up shortly after I've just fallen asleep and it takes about an hour to get him changed, fed, and back to sleep. We all go back to sleep for about an hour or two (depending on if Kennedy wakes up or not) and then Kinglsey wakes up again and were up for another hour and by the time we go back to sleep it's time to get up for work. I'm a zombie every day. I feel like I'm sick I'm so tired. I'm so tired right now I just asked Greg what he did this past weekend. I totally thought today was Monday because I was off yesterday. And I know I probably look like total crap because I'm too tired to care. I seriously need sleep and I don't know how or where to get it. I'm miserable. This is awful. I've tried putting the kids to bed later in hopes that keeping them up later would help them sleep through the night - doesn't work. Everyone kept telling me that if I just gave Kingsley a little cereal it would help - doesn't work. Kinglsey's also teething right now and I've tried Orajel and Tylenol before he goes to bed - doesn't work. NOTHING WORKS! I fail miserably each and every night to get sleep...maybe someday...

2 comments:

  1. Soumds like it's time for a trip to the grandparents house for the weekend. :) Hope you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Christy! You need some KRISTIN time with friends or with the hubby alone. Like a night or an entire weekend! You will feel refreshed and so glad you had some away time and a couple nights of really good rest! I am the exact same way, I am MEGA BITCH when I don't get enough sleep so it was extremely hard for me to make the decision to have a 2nd child and know that I would be starting all over. I can say to just hang in there, those first 6 months are just soooo tough!!! Well, really that 1st year but the sleep I think gets a little better once they are 6/7 months. Parker is 8 months and he's getting up once a night sometimes and then other nights he sleeps through. Hang in there girl!! Being a mom is the hardest job! You do a wonderful job at it : )

    ReplyDelete